We lit memorial candles today in church. I tried to hide the tears welling up while waiting to line to light mine and set it with the others. As I was waiting in line an older woman passed me while on her way to her seat and I saw a shimmer of light come from her jacket. As I looked down I almost completely lost it...it was a beautiful crystal dragonfly pin. My blog from August 23rd will explain what dragonflys mean to me. They have become a way for Kevin to tell me he sees me and hears when I talk to him (I talk to him often), and that he is always with me. He knew at that moment how hard it was for me to be so alone lighting a candle for him, instead of having him right next to me lighting a candle for others. That candle was also lit for my Aunt Brenda and Grandpa Harold. I know they are all together in heaven and our time on this earth is temporary until we are joined together again. At times that thought is comforting, and other times it still makes me angry. Kevin should still be here with me. I shouldn't be lighting a candle in his memory. But...I know that is what I do now. I love him, I remember him, I honor him.
Thanks for the dragonfly babe, I needed it today.

I love to get your txt/calls about a new 'message' from kev, more than you can imagine. It makes me smile and feel some peace and calm when I need it the most. Thank you for sharing that with me...
ReplyDeletexoxo