Today would be our two year anniversary. It is definitely a hard day. Our wedding was so beautiful and I look back at our pictures and wonder how something like this could have happened. The best day of my life was two years ago today...and the worst day of my life was June 24th, 2011. The picture is from a fire Kevin and I were on when we first met. It was the end of the day and we were waiting for the helicopter to fly us off the mountain. I remember both of us just sitting and smiling during our whole conversation, I remember being so incredibly happy.
I remember the first day I got butterfly's in my stomach when he smiled at me. I thought to myself "oh boy, you have a crush on this guy." This is the first picture we took together before we were dating. I will never forget this day because it's also the day he told me he had a crush on me. We tried to hide our flirtatious relationship in the beginning so our friends and crew wouldn't find out, but we were bad liars and everyone soon knew.
He asked me to marry him on February 7th, 2009. We went snow shoeing in Idaho City and hiked up to a beautiful spot overlooking the valley. He wore these awful looking tan Carhartt overalls that he always wore when we did any activity in cold weather. I could see the outline of the ring box in his pocket our whole hike before he asked me. I was so excited but I didn't say a word because I didn't want to ruin it for him. He was so nervous he could hardly hold a conversation. It was perfect. I've pictured the day my husband would ask me to marry him from the time I was a little girl and I never pictured it as perfect as it was.
Our wedding was more than I could have ever asked for. Before that day I thought it was the colors, the dress, cake, music, and decorations that made a wedding fun and beautiful. After it was all said and done, the one thing I realized that makes a wedding so beautiful are the people that share it with you and the man of your dreams waiting for you at the end of the aisle. This picture is when Kevin saw me for the first time walking down the aisle. Out of the 100's of amazing photo's we have of that day...this one has always been my favorite.
I love you and miss you babe...Happy Anniversary.
John 16:22 "So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you"



I love to read about your happy memories with kev...I remember the day he asked you to be his wife. I think I talked to him every day 2 weeks leading up to it - he was so nervous! :) I couldn't have been happier for you both! I was so proud of my little brother! Love you so much Whitney xoxo
ReplyDelete