My break has officially started. I thought this would give me some relief and take some of the reality away, but it has not. I miss him more than ever now that I am on vacation because I want him on vacation with me. It is great to be with family and experiencing new things, but am sad that I don't get to experience them with him. We went whale watching in Cape Cod yesterday and all I can think of is how great he would have thought it was. This is a big fishing town area and every time I look at a fishing pole I think of him and how much he would have loved fishing here. Kevin always enjoyed experiencing new things never complained when he got tired, bored, or frustrated with my crazy ideas and antics. He made me realize how incredibly impatient I can be and he always accommodated our little vacations and outings for it. He knew I could not stay intrigued in one adventure for long so he made sure to plan lots of things to do. I loved him for that. He, on the other hand, could stand on a bank and fish for 10 hours strait. Even if he wasn't catching fish, he would still stand there and be the calm, patient, amazing person he was.
This picture is from our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We went deep sea fishing and he was so worried I would hate being on the boat for 8 hours with no hopes of returning to the shore until the excursion was over. I wanted to do it for him though...and I loved it. I loved how excited he was to set the bait fish and fight the big fish on the reel in. Most of all, I just loved being with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment