Saturday, February 11, 2012

Three states in two days...it's been a busy week so far. I landed in Manchester, NH on Wednesday, drove to Worcester, MA to see some great friends that I missed very much, got my stuff out of storage, and drove to Waterville, ME. I definitely lucked out finding a place with a classmate because I was ready to just book a motel and pay out the wazoo for the next 5 weeks.

My first rotation is in Skowhegan, ME in women's health. I have mentioned before that it is really hard to be around pregnant women so this rotation has been giving me anxiety since I got my schedule last year. I did shadow my old OB/GYN while I was on my break and I actually really enjoyed it. I was in a situation where the women did not know my story and they were just so happy to be expecting that I couldn't help but be happy for them. It was so exciting to see joy again, even though it is not me experiencing the joy.

I haven't shared any dragonfly stories lately, but I have seen them in the times and exact places that I needed them the most. Yesterday the secretary of my school (AKA Ms. Dexter, AKA Wonder woman) gave me a beautiful dragonfly necklace with amethyst (Kevin's birthstone) on it. It was a perfect welcome back gift and dragonfly to start my new adventure this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment