Today was surprisingly a pretty good day. I felt like Kevin was sending me all really interesting patients that had so many great issues for me to look at, listen to, and do things with. It has been my most involved day since I started on the 13th. I'm sure he knew I needed him to give me something to occupy my mind on his birthday.
I sent red balloons filled with Forget-Me-Not flowers to heaven. I found a beautiful spot on the river in Waterville, Maine...a place he would have liked. I think the best part of my day was having people either send me pictures or post pictures on facebook of them sending red balloons to heaven also. Everytime I saw a new one it made me smile! Everyday I feel a little stronger, but on these days, the days that we were supposed to be celebrating with him on earth...it is really nice to have that extra help to let me know I am not alone in this.
Kevin hated when people would make a fuss over him, or do anything to put the spotlight on him so I'm sure he was blushing with all the love shown to him on his 25th birthday. He also took a lot of pride in doing great things for others and today I know he was all around us and beaming with the amount of love that was shown to him.
I see patients in a very different light than I did before Kevin died and I feel very blessed to have an open heart again to see the wonderful things that others can teach me. For a long time I felt very isolated, like my pain was the only pain in the world and everything else revolved around it. I do feel that way at times, but my eyes...and heart...are so much more open to the world and the pain that people go through every day. Even though Kevin never went through anything extremely life changing, I always felt like he saw the world from a different view. He was so kind, compassionate, and forgiving that I feel so blessed just to have had the opportunity to know him. He loved to have fun, he loved to smile, but most of all...he went out of his way so that others could have fun and smile right along with him. That is what we should all strive to do in our lives.
Happy Birthday Babe!!


No comments:
Post a Comment