Soooo, today is my birthday. Not exactly "happy" but it is still a day of bitter sweet memories and emotions. I have been shown a tremendous amount of love from coast to coast on this 27th year of my life. I have had many heartfelt texts, calls, messages, cards, and a few very sentimental gifts sent my way today from the east to the west. These last four months have given more life lessons than all the other years combined. The one thing I have been taught very much today...is that I am very loved.
I woke up with the flood gates opened and the tears would not stop. No matter how much I willed them to. I couldn't even stay in class because I was afraid I might soak the carpet through to the next floor! I just kept thinking about how he would have called me at midnight, text me all day, sent me flowers, sent me a card with a wonderful message of how much he loved me, etc. He was terrible at birthdays...but he was getting better every year. He finally got the concept that I required a whole birthday week...and sometimes two if I could really stretch it. The first year we were together he didn't even get me a card. His birthday gift was a Columbia vest that he made me pick out at Cabela's...at the end of November! I was 2 1/2 years older than him and he never made me forget it. He was always asking me when my AARP card was coming and telling me to order off the senior menu so we could get a discount. Some days I miss him, and some days I really really really miss him. This is one of those REALLY miss him days.
The picture is from our October birthdays party in Cedarville last year. It was a great night, we had so much fun together. And yes...he is licking my face : )
No comments:
Post a Comment