The World Championship Chili Cook off is in Manchester this weekend and I am pretty excited to go. It brings back memories of last fall when Kevin and I went to the chili cook off in Alturas and ate so much that we made ourselves sick. Kevin loved chili...well Kevin loved just about any kind of food, especially spicy food. When he would cook dinner (which was most of the time) he would always add Sriracha hot sauce...to everything! I am not a fan of spicy food so he would always wait for me to dish my food before he added it to the mix. He called it "cock sauce" because it had a big picture of a rooster on it. The first time I saw a bottle in the grocery store I started crying and had to leave...I have avoided that aisle since. He always hated to share food and knew that I would always have a couple bites of whatever he ordered at a restraunt. After a while he started ordering the spiciest thing on the menu just so I wouldn't want to eat any of it. I miss that.
I had my first phone call from someone that asked to talk to Kevin yesterday. It was someone from a resort we had two free nights stay at and she was wondering when we wanted to make our reservations. I just froze and told her he passed away and hung the phone up. We got the free stay by listening to a time share pitch in Arizona during one of my interviews for school and we thought it would make a nice getaway in the future. The picture above is in Arizona the day we went to the time share pitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment